Whether you are familiar with our local seafood restaurants or not, you could probably take a wild guess and figure that we are decidedly passionate about our seafood here at Mulligan’s Beach House Bar & Grill. But if you’ve ever read one of our blog posts, or indeed, have come to one of our Mulligan’s tropical restaurant locations, you’ll know that our enthusiasm for a high-quality meal, with seafood as its centerpiece, goes more into the realm of certifiably obsessive than anything else.
We’ve offered up seafood recipes and methods to select and prepare crab along with our other blog posts of the past. We’ve taken to the habit of highlighting some of our favorite recreational activities in areas that are close to our seafood restaurant locations in Jensen Beach, Lake Worth, Vero Beach, and beyond. But today, we are going to keep the conversation dialed-in on what folks can look forward to when dining at Mulligan’s. We are sure we’ll get back to a variety of subjects in future posts, but for now, keep reading as we describe some wonderful flavor combinations that the top seafood restaurant around recommend you try out the next time you walk through our doors!
Visualizing The Perfect Evening At Mulligan’s
Mulligan’s is a full-service, family-friendly restaurant that is open 365-days a year for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And while most people probably aren’t going to eat all three meals of the day at our fine establishment, those of us who work at Mulligan’s clearly aren’t “most people.” You might be able to notice that fact from our smiling faces that greet you whenever you walk through our doors, but if you hadn’t yet noticed that, at least we are all now on the same page.
That said, let’s imagine that you have such a wild hankering for seafood that you will dine at Mulligan’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner — all in the same day. You can go out and about and enjoy the beautiful Atlantic coast, but once you’ve worked up an appetite you’ll be able to return back to home base for some world-class seafood, cocktails, and beyond. Let’s take a look at what you’ll start the day with.
While you can find our wide selection of breakfast, appetizers, soups & salads, sandwiches & sliders, entrees, and drinks on our seafood restaurant menu, you could also let us do the picking for you. When it comes to breakfast menu items, we offer much more than exclusively seafood dishes. Some of our favorite non-seafood options are listed below:
- Breakfast Platter – Two Eggs any Style, Two Sausage Patties, two Bacon Strips, Home Fries & Toast
- Almond Cranberry French Toast – Our thick French toast topped with sliced almonds & cranberries with a hint of cinnamon. If you have a sweet tooth, or even a semi-sweet tooth, give this unique creation a try. You won’t be disappointed!
- Chicken & Waffles – A southern classic; crispy chicken on top of a large Belgian waffle topped with sausage gravy
- Casino Sandwich – Try this scrambled egg with your choice of sausage, bacon or ham with melted cheese on a toasted ciabatta roll.
- Steak n’ Egg Bagel – Sliced steak, scrambled eggs, Swiss cheese & onions served on a toasted Bagel. You might need to take a nap after this one — fair warning!
- Sunrise Omelette – Spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese topped with Hollandaise sauce. The flavor combination is subtle yet delectable.
Breakfast For Seafood Lovers
- Lox & Bagel – A classic done the right way; smoked salmon with capers and cream cheese.
- Monster Fish & Chips – Our Famous Fish & Chips is great any time of the day! Get the fried white fish with fries and vinegar that you’ve been craving!
- Crab Cake Benedict – Are you a fan of Jumbo Lump Crab? Have you never tried Jumbo Lump Crab? It doesn’t matter. Just try it the next time you come in. We don’t skimp on the crab, either.
- Smoked Salmon Benedict – One of our most popular benedicts, we offer smoked salmon on a classic benedict. It’s great.
After you ordered one (or two) of the breakfast dishes listed above, you’ll probably either need to take a walk or a nap. Luckily, each Mulligan’s Beach House Bar & Grill location is wonderfully complemented by its waterfront surroundings. Whether you want to enjoy the water at Vero Beach or Lake Worth, many guests prefer to take a short jaunt along the water after they’ve put the work in at the meal table. Once you’ve done whatever you need to do to get hungry again, it’s time to head back toward Mulligan’s for the witching hour — or should we say, the sandwiching hour! Below you’ll find fewer terrible plays-on-words and more delicious seafood from Mulligan’s.
Appetizers We Recommend
- Firecracker Shrimp – If you like a bit of kick to go along with your seafood, our bread shrimp will talk back with a whole lot of attitude! And right now you can get our Firecracker Shrimp, Wings, Flatbreads, Nachos, Margherita Pizza, for half-off during Mulligan’s Happy Hour! In case you were wondering, our Happy Hour is from 3-6pm, every day!
- Key West Conch Fritters – We’ve mentioned them before in previous blogs and we’ll probably highlight them again down the road. Get tender queen conch in a herb batter, fried to a golden brown and served with our renowned Cajun remoulade. If you’ve never tried tender queen conch, now’s the time.
- Seafood Trio – One of our most widely-liked appetizer selections, it’s tough to wrong with the Seafood Trio. Get our famous conch fritters, Mahi fingers, and our sizzlin’ Firecracker Shrimp to boot!
- Mussels aren’t for everybody, although we aren’t quite sure why. Try our tender mussels, bathed in an exquisite tomato wine sauce. You can add pasta for an additional charge if you are feeling like mussels should be more of an entree and less of a starter.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – Our house recipe served with tortilla chips. It’s tough to go wrong with spinach artichoke dip at any restaurant, but when you let the master chefs at Mulligan’s whip you up their own version, it’s a starter that’s well worth your time.
- Drunken Onion Rings – Beer battered onion rings with Cajun remoulade. What’s not to like?
Lunch Menu Items
- Asian Dragon Salad – We offer our Asian Dragon Salad for folks who are looking for something on the lighter side yet don’t want to sacrifice any degree of flavor. Complete with breaded Firecracker Shrimp, Mandarin oranges, sesame seeds, rice, noodles, and salad all topped with a sesame ginger vinaigrette, this is a great change of pace to help make sure you don’t feel the need to nap for the second time in one day!
- Fresh Mahi Sandwich – You know Mahi, you like Mahi. When you get our Fresh Mahi Sandwich, you can get one served grilled, blackened, or Jerk-style!
- Ham Slam – A toasted hoagie roll with ham and topped with 100% cheddar cheese sauce. Delicious.
- Lobster Taco – While we have a Lobster Melt, Lobster Roll, and even a Three Cheese Lobster Mac option, we would recommend starting with the Lobster Taco. It’s a lobster-filled grilled tortilla with sour cream, pico, lettuce, cheese, and served with rice. It brings out everything you like about lobster in a subtle way. Yum.
Baja Fish Tacos – Our Baja Fish Tacos are loaded with blackened Mahi Mahi, cheese, lettuce and pico de gallo served with rice. You can substitute with chicken for an additional charge.
- Lobster Pizza – What, you thought we were done talking about Lobster dishes? This is Mulligan’s — one of the top family-friendly seafood restaurants in the entire state of Florida. So if you’ve never tried our Lobster Pizza, all we can say is that you definitely should. Get tender lobster with a unique lobster-based sauce alongside spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses. It’s worth making the trip down to Florida in its own right!
You have a great time at lunch, but three-quarters of the way through your meal, you get afraid you are going to sink through your chair because you are getting so full. While this is certainly understandable, all we can tell you is to BUCK UP — you’ve got a Mulligan’s dinner to look forward to. So take a nap, go on a bike ride, swim in the ocean, watch NYPD Blue reruns — do whatever you need to do to get ready for a fantastic Floridian seafood dinner at Mulligan’s. Below are one or two of our favorite entrees that we offer.
- Fried Grouper Sandwich – Yes, a sandwich can be had for dinner, especially when it tastes as unbelievable as our Fried Grouper Sandwich! Get perfectly seasoned and fried grouper on a toasted kaiser roll. On the side, you’ll get some house chips for the ideal complementary crunch.
- Crispy Tuna Roll – Our fried tuna roll features a fried Thai-ginger wrap with Ahi tuna & vegetables served rare with Asian slaw & wasabi cream. It’s perfectly spiced, so give it a try.
- Beach House Surf N Turf – Get our masterfully-grilled 10 oz. top sirloin steak (ask for it with bleu cheese and bacon) along with a skewer of jumbo blackened shrimp. It’s a flavor-combo you won’t soon forget. Choose from French fries, Caribbean rice, or mashed potatoes as your side.
- Island Grouper – No, we aren’t serving avid fans of Bob Marley as a dish, but we are serving Fresh Florida Grouper topped with house-made pineapple salsa! Try it grilled or blackened.
- Linguini & Clams – Try tender Northern Middleneck clams bathed in a white wine garlic sauce. As is the case with all of our seafood, pasta, steaks and other entrees, this dish is served with soup, house salad, or our caesar salad.
We wouldn’t be very good at what we do if we failed to mention a few of our most popular adult beverages. Though we are certainly a kid-friendly restaurant, what party isn’t made better without a few libations!?
- Sauvignon Blanc, Oyster Bay, New Zealand
- Key Lime Martini – Dessert in a glass. Svedka Vanilla Vodka & key lime liqueur
- Garden Fresh Mojito – The original, fresh limes & mint mixed with Bacardi Superior Rum. Add a flavor for an additional charge, choice of peach, strawberry, coconut, mango or raspberry.
- Hurricane George Cocktail – Named after Mulligan’s fearless owner, the one and only George Hart! This Mulligan’s cocktail packs a punch with Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum yet goes down smooth and puts a smile on your face!
- Coastal Coladas – Coconut, pineapple & Cruzan Rum. Choice of original coconut, strawberry, mango, banana or raspberry. Whichever you pick, you are probably going to order another. That’s just the way it goes!
Come See Us At Mulligan’s Soon!
With locations in Sebastian, Singer Island, Vero Beach, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Lake Worth, and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, there’s never a bad time to get a world-class seafood meal at Mulligan’s. As you can no doubt tell from the wide range of seafood (and landfood) menu items we’ve listed above, the odds are strongly in your favor to have a blast — no matter what time of day you come to see us! Come see us at Mulligan’s soon!